We Make Millions!

According to my son, that is.

On one of his homework assignments at the end of this year, when he was asked to draw himself as someone he would like to be and write about it, this is what he wrote:

kids drawing
kids note about making a million dollars
Evidently we’re “Milyenaires”.Ha! Who knew?
(Gotta love the way kids think…)

42 Comments on We Make Millions!

1. Jamie
    June 19, 2008 at 10:47 pm (9 years ago)

He maxe milyens…that is too funny! This school project is cute, definitely a keeper!Hope you are enjoying your summer so far! Got any 2 day vacations planned? :)

2. Tiffany
    June 19, 2008 at 11:40 pm (9 years ago)

So precious. Vacations and millions, That’s the life of dads isn’t it? I love those sort of keepsakes.

3. DotBlogger
    June 20, 2008 at 12:45 am (9 years ago)

I LOVE this!What a keeper.

June 20, 2008 at 1:00 am (9 years ago)

hi genny please visit my blog for an award that I gave you!

5. ttelroc
    June 20, 2008 at 1:07 am (9 years ago)

I don’t have children but I have a niece (oops, I have 2 now lol but the baby is only 8 weeks old) and that little 4 year old is sending me things she has written and colored. I am just waiting for the day to get a story like that. I love it! Have a great day!Kristin

6. We are THAT Family
    June 20, 2008 at 1:11 am (9 years ago)

That is so cute! My kids have that perception of us too. They also think I’m like 98 years old b/c of the few wild gray hairs!

7. Jackie @ Our Moments Our Memories
    June 20, 2008 at 1:27 am (9 years ago)

Oh, this is precious! The spelling is one of the cutest things I’ve ever seen. :) He’s so detailed….he even knows what color of shirt he’s wearing! Love how they think.

8. Kara
    June 20, 2008 at 1:35 am (9 years ago)

Seriously – that’s the cutest thing ever. It’s nice to see he gave himself a long 2 days of vacation time. How old is this boy to be such a workaholic? :-) Ha Ha! It’s nice to know there are some millionaires out there with such a fun blog! :-)

June 20, 2008 at 1:57 am (9 years ago)

To cute. That will become a cherished memory.

June 20, 2008 at 2:46 am (9 years ago)

THis is so cute. When my daughter was in Kindergarten she told her teacher in confidence that her dad made like ONe hundred dollars. She was bragging like that was alot. :)

11. Kristen
    June 20, 2008 at 2:50 am (9 years ago)

Oh that is hysterical. His writing seems very familiar to me :) What grade is he in? i love little kiddo spelling.

June 20, 2008 at 2:54 am (9 years ago)

Tiffany and Kara – if only!Kristin – a huge thank you!and Kristen – he just finished first grade. I love the spelling too! That’s one of the reasons I had to share this. Thanks, all, for stopping by.Genny

13. Kareer Woman
    June 20, 2008 at 3:04 am (9 years ago)

Now that’s adorable, what a great post :)

14. Kareer Woman
    June 20, 2008 at 3:20 am (9 years ago)

Thank-you so much for dropping by and leaving a comment, I hope you’ll continue to return :)

15. Sandy C.
    June 20, 2008 at 3:22 am (9 years ago)

That is so cute! It’s amazing how they perceive things ;)

16. An Ordinary Mom
    June 20, 2008 at 5:35 am (9 years ago)

Don’t you love getting a glimpse into the minds of our little ones? Especially as they are starting to form their own realities? So fun.What grade is this one in?

17. Kate
    June 20, 2008 at 11:55 am (9 years ago)

That is the sweetest and funniest thing ever!!! :) Ha! I just love the stuff our cherubs come up with, don’t you?! Have a great weekend, thanks so much for stopping by Genny!!! :D

18. Donna @ Thirsty?
    June 20, 2008 at 11:59 am (9 years ago)

Thats so precious! That ones a keeper for his 21st birthday! hehe. Congratulations on your milyenaire status :)

19. Jaysi
    June 20, 2008 at 3:57 pm (9 years ago)

That is amazingly adorable. I love the part about a two day vacation. What a great way to think of your weekend, huh? This melts my heart. Thank you for sharing your family with me.

20. FrazzMom
    June 20, 2008 at 4:59 pm (9 years ago)

Genny-I just wanted to let you know how much I have enjoyed your recent comments. Thanks!And your son’s paper is adorable! I remember when mispelled words was cute- now that I have two in high school, it’s not so cute anymore… (Although, fortunately, their spelling HAS improved) LOL!

21. Mama C
    June 20, 2008 at 6:14 pm (9 years ago)

That is just priceless. Thank you for sharing it!

22. Gotta GROW with it
    June 20, 2008 at 6:19 pm (9 years ago)

i love it when they say “just use that card you use to pay for it” when i state that we don’t have the money at that time to buy that precious “have to, need to have” item!adorable post…and btw…wow, beautiful handwriting i must say!

23. carrie
    June 20, 2008 at 8:30 pm (9 years ago)

it amazes me what goes through their little minds sometimes.

24. Monkey's Momma
    June 21, 2008 at 1:10 am (9 years ago)

Don’t you wish? I would frame that. Maybe it is a self-fulfilling prophecy!

25. veggiemama
    June 21, 2008 at 3:06 am (9 years ago)

thats precious :)nice hand writing toomy daughter is 15 months… I can only imagine what else we have in store :)

26. Andrea
    June 21, 2008 at 3:51 am (9 years ago)

So sweet! I love reading the kid’s little compositions with their creative spelling – thanks for sharing!

27. His Girl
    June 21, 2008 at 6:25 am (9 years ago)

that is good stuff right there!

28. The Dishes Will Wait
    June 21, 2008 at 11:30 pm (9 years ago)

They sure do look up their parents, don’t they? When my daughter was little she didn’t think her dad had a job because he farms – she thought having a job meant leaving for work everyday…..or something!

29. Becky
    June 21, 2008 at 11:52 pm (9 years ago)

I wish I was what my kids saw through their eyes…they think I am the best mom ever, that I cook for them (because I microwave) and that I am sooo funny.It is hard to live up to that! :)Cute post…I have actually been told by my children after asserting that we can’t afford something that we should just “put it on the card.”Yep, apparently we make millions too!The maid

30. Veggie Mom
    June 22, 2008 at 2:29 am (9 years ago)

I wish I could maxe milyens! Came upon your blog thru another link. I’m just getting started in the Blogosphere, & enjoy reading your posts. Please visit me soon!

31. Laura
    June 22, 2008 at 10:17 am (9 years ago)

Precious…you might want to frame that. :)

32. Jane @ Kidzarama
    June 22, 2008 at 11:01 am (9 years ago)

That is so gorgeous.And does daddy wear a tan shirt to work too?

33. Veggie Mom
    June 22, 2008 at 1:24 pm (9 years ago)

Thanks for checking in on my New Blog. Hope to have some interesting stuff to share with you & the kids this week, so Stay Tuned!

34. Angela Maiers
    June 22, 2008 at 2:00 pm (9 years ago)

This is priceless-one for the scrapbooks for sure! Kids really do say the most amazing things! I love your blog!

35. Debra
    June 22, 2008 at 6:43 pm (9 years ago)

This is classic! I can’t wait until my (4 yr old) son can write–I can only imagine the type of randomness that will spew from his warped little brain (hey, he lives with hubby and I, so he really never stood a chance at normality).

36. Shannon
    June 22, 2008 at 8:48 pm (9 years ago)

Gotta save that one to pull out at a later date. Too cute!

37. megs
    June 23, 2008 at 5:28 pm (9 years ago)

I love that he wants to be like his daddy!

38. Sarah Clapp
    June 25, 2008 at 11:20 am (9 years ago)

I love this post! LOL! And my son thinks that you can just take money from the ATM and it’s free. Oh, kids!

1Pingbacks & Trackbacks on We Make Millions!