My Easter Gifts…
I can’t put it down.
What a beautiful, transforming way of seeing life – through a lens of thankfulness, a true “dare to live life fully right where you are.”
It’s been so powerful to actively look for the gifts in my life–each day, each hour, each minute.
Even in just the past couple days of reading, I’ve realized how much I take for granted, moment by moment.
So I started my own list today.
My own list of gifts.
And as I’ve paused to take note, to be grateful, to pay attention to the gifts God gives, I’ve been struck by how many of them are found in the bits and pieces of happiness that can so easily sneak past me, if I fail to look.
If I fail to thank…
So here’s the beginning of my one thousand gifts:
1. A mug of warm coffee, cradled in my hands.
2. My husband, who goes out of his way to bring it to me.
3. A small slice of time to read, in the early hours before the kids are awake.
4. Birthday flowers still alive on my kitchen table.
5. A lit candle, vanilla.
6. Music and sunshine filling the downstairs.
7. Butterflies hatching in our butterfly atrium.
8. A new day.
9. My son’s fingers not getting hurt in the falling bike seat.
10. Wildflowers on our walk.
11. A hug from my daughter, long.
12. Quieted emails as Easter nears…
What about you? What are you thankful for this week? This season? This Easter?
If you haven’t read One Thousand Gifts, I highly recommend it. It’s beautiful. Powerful. Life impacting. (And I’m not even done with it yet!) If you have read it, how has it impacted you?
Have a wonderful Easter, everyone! Thank you for taking the time to stop by and read; I’m thankful for you.