Decorating for fall (ready or not)

I’ve been craving fall lately.

I’m so ready for pumpkins and changing leaves and spiced candles and cooler weather.

And even though it’s still hot here in Northern California (it was 103 last week!), I’ve been dying to put out some fall decorations.

So as soon as I heard it was only going to be a high of 86 yesterday, I decorated our fireplace mantle. I couldn’t help myself…

I think I’ll wait to put pumpkins on the front porch though. It’s still a little hot for that, lol.

What about you? Are you ready for a change in the seasons like I am? :)

For more “Wordful” / Wordless Wednesday photos, stop by Angie’s SevenClownCircus, Parenting by Dummies, 5MinutesforMom, and A Beautiful Mess.

24 Comments on Decorating for fall (ready or not)

1. alicia
    September 14, 2011 at 12:47 am (6 years ago)

I haven't decorated yet, but with the drop in temps here I'm so ready! Lovely mantel and inspiration. Thanks for linking up for WW!

2. Joyfull
    September 14, 2011 at 1:00 am (6 years ago)

I am also so ready for fall and the beauty and cooler temperatures! Summers here in Florida can be brutal! This time of year always finds me itching to pull my fall decorations out. All though I'm holding out a little bit before pulling them out, oday I found a fall wreath at a consignment shop and couldn't resist!

3. I'm Genny...
    September 14, 2011 at 1:27 am (6 years ago)

I love fall wreaths! I wouldn't have been able to resist either!

4. I'm Genny...
    September 14, 2011 at 1:28 am (6 years ago)

You're welcome, Alicia. Thanks for hosting!

5. Elaine A.
    September 14, 2011 at 3:16 am (6 years ago)

I say go for it! My neighbor already has hers out and it's still in the '90's here. I like to call it "wishful thinking". ;) Love your pumpkins!

6. debi9kids
    September 14, 2011 at 3:18 am (6 years ago)

OH! I totally LOVE the fall. My FAVORITE time of year and I already have a candy dish with candy corn in it right now :)ps LOVE your festive mantle! It looks beautiful.

7. I'm Genny...
    September 14, 2011 at 3:32 am (6 years ago)

I know; I loe the fall too! I am sooo ready for a change in the weather!

8. Cecily R
    September 14, 2011 at 4:06 am (6 years ago)

Heh. When 87 feels like Fall you know it's been a HOT summer! Craving the season is a good way to put it. It's the smells for me. I LOVE fall smells. :)

9. blueviolet
    September 14, 2011 at 4:10 am (6 years ago)

I sure am! It's been about 6 months of 90 and I'm over it!!!

10. leahsthoughts.com
    September 14, 2011 at 5:32 am (6 years ago)

I'm in Southern California where the weather was crazy hot last week too. However, I did manage to decorate with my fall decor the day Labor Day ended. I was ready.

11. Buckeroomama
    September 14, 2011 at 11:04 am (6 years ago)

I am SO ready for a change from the hot summer weather! Now that it's officially the "-ber" month, I could start playing Christmas carols. =)

12. mooneyequalsmc2
    September 14, 2011 at 1:26 pm (6 years ago)

Whoa, out mantels are so similar. I got some of the ceramic white pumpkins from the DOllar Tree. I went back to get more and they were totally sold out. White pumpkins are hot this year! Have a great week!M~

13. Ken
    September 14, 2011 at 1:53 pm (6 years ago)

Definitely no fall season in my country. :)Greetings from Malaysia ^_^

14. Lynn
    September 14, 2011 at 2:17 pm (6 years ago)

I've already decorated inside and outside!We are having a little cooler weather here in NE Kentucky. Fall is definately on its way.

15. Blue Cotton Memory
    September 14, 2011 at 3:29 pm (6 years ago)

I can't do fall until my little guys B-Day! It's the first day of Fall! Then he thinks we decorate for him! LOL

16. Carly
    September 14, 2011 at 5:34 pm (6 years ago)

I love your decorations. I am ready for the change in temperature. Last night we lit our pumpkin scented candle even though it is still 90 deg!

17. BellaVida
    September 14, 2011 at 7:32 pm (6 years ago)

Very pretty. I'm looking forward to the cooler weather. It's still way to hot in South Florida.

September 14, 2011 at 11:30 pm (6 years ago)

I'm waiting for any sign of fall in these parts…..:)

19. Eschelle
    September 15, 2011 at 3:07 am (6 years ago)

I think that those look just lovely! I can't wait to decorate for Halloween, my fav time of year!following via wordless Wednesday hop

20. Jeanine
    September 20, 2011 at 9:56 pm (6 years ago)

Beautiful!You would LOVE the weather we've been having here lately. 60s/low 70s. Chilly mornings and evenings. It's grab-a-sweatshirt-flip-on-the-fireplace kind of temps. I love it!Peace.Jeanine

21. Kellie
    September 22, 2011 at 9:28 pm (6 years ago)

I'm with you! I bought my first pumpkin scented candles just the other day. Our trees are starting to change hear in Indy, as we've had some forty-something degree nights already. Your mantel is beautiful! Happy fall, even if it is still hot there.

22. Melissa from the Blue House
    September 27, 2011 at 12:34 am (6 years ago)

I love fall! I've never been one to decorate for the seasons, other than Christmas, but seeing this makes me want to!!

23. Lexie Loo, Little Lily, and Dylan Too!
    September 28, 2011 at 2:44 pm (6 years ago)

That's looks so pretty! We've only had one chilly day so far, so I haven't been in the decorating mood. The cool weather is on it's way though!

24. I'm Genny...
    October 5, 2011 at 4:21 am (6 years ago)

On it's way finally! As I type this, it's raining outside… yeah!!!