The best birthday celebration (in Napa, CA) ever!

A few weeks ago, I went to Napa with my friends to celebrate our birthdays. We’ve all known each other since grammar school or high school and we have a tradition of getting together for a girls weekend once a year.

This get-together was special because we all turned 40 this year!

It was SUCH a great time.

We stayed at Indian Springs in Calistoga in a beautiful cottage.

The resort was gorgeous, complete with the biggest pool I’ve ever seen, filled with water from the hot springs. (The water felt amazing.)
Our friend Amie kicked the weekend off by giving us all matching tank tops, with our senior portraits ironed on the front. It was too cute! Here’s mine:
And even though we all brought cute outfits to wear on Saturday, we decided to put our matching tank tops on instead. :)
After a hike in the morning, we hopped on bikes and headed out to stop by wineries and see the countryside.
Christine, Amie, Shannon, me, Lisa, Amy
It was such a fun day. The weather was beautiful and the Napa countryside was absolutely gorgeous.
We had a great time on our bikes… we looked like a scene straight out of The Sound of Music (me especially with my straw hat.) We even had someone sing as they passed us in their truck, “The hiiills are aliiiive with the sound of muuuuuusic…” It was really funny.
After we got back from riding bikes, we went out to a nice dinner at a place called Farmstead.
Lisa, Christine, me, Amy, Shannon, Amie
The food was amazing, especially the pie they brought us for dessert:
If anyone dreads turning 40, don’t! This is such a fun time, and you get a great excuse to celebrate in a huge way!
Amy, Lisa, Christine, Amie, and Shannon – Thanks for such an amazing time and special memories! Love you!

For more “Wordful” / Wordless Wednesday photos, stop by Angie’s SevenClownCircus, Parenting by Dummies, 5MinutesforMom, and A Beautiful Mess.

19 Comments on The best birthday celebration (in Napa, CA) ever!

1. Shanda
    July 20, 2011 at 12:50 am (6 years ago)

That looks like so much fun. I love getting together with old friends…away from any of our homes. Looked like a beautiful place to relax, get exercise and just have fun.

2. alicia
    July 20, 2011 at 2:29 am (6 years ago)

Sounds amazing. Can't believe you are 40! My fav shots are the ones of you girls on the bikes in your cute tops. Priceless. What a fun idea!

3. I'm Genny...
    July 20, 2011 at 2:43 am (6 years ago)

Thanks, Alicia. It was so much fun. I am so glad we wore the tank tops; it made for some pretty fun photos! We even had a woman at one of the wineries take a picture of us to put into a book she is writing. It was fun!

4. Elaine A.
    July 20, 2011 at 4:23 am (6 years ago)

Wow. What an amazing trip with friends, and such awesome memories! Y'all are SO adorable on your bikes in your matching tops! Seriously! And I LOVE Napa! My GFs and I went a couple of years ago and it was a great trip. It's so beautiful there and well, the wine ain't half bad either… ;)

• Kancane
      December 31, 2012 at 3:20 am (5 years ago)

Vinegar Hill is a great theater. Be sure to check out Sneak Reviews for the best fogerin and independent video selection I have ever seen..Charlottesville hot in July? Hell, I just moved to New Orleans last weekend. Let me tell you about hot.

5. ICStarzz
    July 20, 2011 at 1:50 pm (6 years ago)

omg, that looks like so much fun! I love the pictures! :)-Samanthawww.kreativekaring.com

6. I'm Genny...
    July 20, 2011 at 2:06 pm (6 years ago)

Thanks, Elaine. I loved the tops too. It made the photos! :)

July 20, 2011 at 2:46 pm (6 years ago)

Hi Genny -I just wanted to thank you for the follow and let you know that I'm following you back. Your trip looks like it was AMAZING! What a lucky girl you are to have such a great group of girlfriends! :)

8. Frugal in WV
    July 20, 2011 at 10:03 pm (6 years ago)

Looks like a fun weekend! New follower from MBC, look forward to your future posts! You can find me athttps://wvfrugal-wvsaver.blogspot.com/

9. BARBIE
    July 21, 2011 at 6:41 am (6 years ago)

What a beautiful place to spend your birthday, and with beautiful friends.

10. I'm Genny...
    July 21, 2011 at 2:01 pm (6 years ago)

Thanks! They are beautiful friends!

11. Clueless Mom
    July 22, 2011 at 3:26 pm (6 years ago)

I really need to start doing this with my gal pals. I never see them enough. Great idea and looks like you all had to total blast. Jealous much, and Happy Birthday!

12. Honey Mommy
    July 24, 2011 at 11:24 pm (6 years ago)

That looks like so much fun! I am totally going to do something like that when I turn 40! p.s. Love the matching tanks too!

13. Raise Them Up
    July 25, 2011 at 1:48 am (6 years ago)

What a great way to celebrate such a big milestone! There are only a few highschool friends I keep in touch with and sadly, we are scattered all across the country. But I would have loved doing something like this with them. Thank you so much for sharing. :)

14. Michelle
    July 26, 2011 at 3:22 pm (6 years ago)

Genny…..you are so fortunate to have such a great group of long time girlfriends. Your weekend together looked like so much fun, and those t-shirts that your friend made are priceless. :)

1Pingbacks & Trackbacks on The best birthday celebration (in Napa, CA) ever!