Pink tables, chocolate strawberries, and plenty of special memories

I went to a mother/daughter tea this weekend at our church and had such a great time!

The tables were beautiful (they were all individually decorated by volunteers)…

I loved all the pink on this table!

The food was delicious (it was served by dads, husbands, and sons, which was so sweet!)…

And spending time celebrating Mother’s Day with my daughter, my mom, my mother-in-law, and my sister-in-law was truly, truly memorable!

Me and my mom

Two beautiful women – my mom and my mother-in-law.

Even though I’m a coffee person, this mother/daughter tea was the best! :)

I hope you all had a great weekend. Did you do anything fun for Mother’s Day?

For more “Wordful” / Wordless Wednesday photos, stop by Angie’s SevenClownCircus, Parenting by Dummies, 5MinutesforMom, and A Beautiful Mess.

33 Comments on Pink tables, chocolate strawberries, and plenty of special memories

1. Michelle
    May 10, 2011 at 10:42 pm (6 years ago)

Wow, I am impressed by the beautiful table settings. The volunteers at the church really out did themselves so that the moms could have a special day. Thanks for sharing Genny. :)

2. I'm Genny...
    May 10, 2011 at 10:50 pm (6 years ago)

I know, Michelle! We were so impressed!

3. Buckeroomama
    May 11, 2011 at 12:49 am (6 years ago)

The tea setting is just beautiful!What a sweet idea to have the husbands and sons do all the serving. :)

4. I'm Genny...
    May 11, 2011 at 1:58 am (6 years ago)

Buckaroomama – I know! There was one boy there probably about ten years old serving; it was precious.

5. alicia
    May 11, 2011 at 2:02 am (6 years ago)

Wow. I want to join your church. lol. What an extravagant way to honor moms. And you are beautiful!

6. Rachel
    May 11, 2011 at 3:05 am (6 years ago)

I am SO jealous of those chocolate covered strawberries. So. Jealous.

7. Elaine A.
    May 11, 2011 at 3:20 am (6 years ago)

Oh my goodness y'all are all so beautiful!! Happy belated Mother's Day, what a wonderful way to enjoy it!! :)

8. I'm Genny...
    May 11, 2011 at 3:47 am (6 years ago)

Elaine and Alicia – thank you; you are sweet! :) We had a great time!

9. debi9kids
    May 11, 2011 at 3:49 am (6 years ago)

what a beautiful way to celebrate Mother's Day! LOVE this!The table looks SO inviting and you & your mothers look beautiful :)

10. Anne
    May 11, 2011 at 4:16 am (6 years ago)

The tables are gorgeous. What a special way to honor Mothers (and love that the men were the servers!).

11. Michelle
    May 11, 2011 at 4:21 am (6 years ago)

How lovely,The Mum's look so young!!!I celebrated Mother's Day by being sick..:( so next week is lunch by hubby and daughter

12. Cathi
    May 11, 2011 at 4:30 am (6 years ago)

Gorgeous table, delicious food with Mother & Daughter…it doesn't get any better than that!!

13. Dominique @Dominique's Desk
    May 11, 2011 at 5:09 am (6 years ago)

Whao..such a lovely tea setting.. I'm looking forward to having a Mother & Daugther mother's day celebration when my baby grows up.

14. I'm Genny...
    May 11, 2011 at 5:35 am (6 years ago)

Michelle – sorry to hear you were sick! I hope you are feeling better!

15. Melissa (Confessions of a Dr. Mom)
    May 11, 2011 at 7:07 am (6 years ago)

That just looks lovely. What a wonderful Mother's Day.I'm a coffee person too, but could get used to this mother/daughter tea ritual :)

16. Joyful
    May 11, 2011 at 9:43 am (6 years ago)

Our church hosted an identical tea a couple of years ago and each table was decorated by a different volunteer as well. My pics would mirror yours. I attended with my mom and both my sisters, as well as my married niece. Along with the sweet treats, we enjoyed finger sandwiches and scones with jam and cream. It was a special day. Happy belated Mother's Day. Blessings,Joy

17. Jamie @ Six Bricks High
    May 11, 2011 at 2:10 pm (6 years ago)

How fun! Looks likes a great time! I had a very relaxing Mother's Day, it was so nice!

18. Stacy Uncorked
    May 11, 2011 at 2:22 pm (6 years ago)

That looks and sounds like an amazing time! We had a nice relaxing Mother's day here at home – I got to spend the day playing video games with Princess Nagger. :) Can't wait to move back to Seattle so I can spend Mother's Day with my mom and Princess Nagger together. :)WW: Alligator Fun

19. Dumb Mom
    May 11, 2011 at 3:05 pm (6 years ago)

That looks like a beautiful way to spend the day!

20. andie
    May 12, 2011 at 3:37 am (6 years ago)

That;s awesome and delicious too!

21. Feyella @Parenting...smh
    May 14, 2011 at 4:29 am (6 years ago)

Those table settings are simply beautiful. I love the pink too. What can be more perfect than pink at a Mother/Daughter Tea. I love the idea too. I live in a different state from my mom so I can just imaging how cool it was to spend Mother's Day like that.Feyella

22. aprilraechelle*
    May 14, 2011 at 2:17 pm (6 years ago)

Hello there! I'm a new follower here, and I'm hoping you'll get the chance to follow me too. I'm a new blogging Mommy, and am looking to learn from and share with as many Mommy's as possible! :DName's April, 23, 2 kids, and a hubby- a dog and a cat. I'm about to start working again for the first time in over 2 years, unpaid, but it's going to be awesome. My life is crazy and chaotic, and so is my blog- hope you enjoy!! :)https://atpauley2011.blogspot.comXO-aprilraechelle*

23. clutterholic
    May 16, 2011 at 10:12 am (6 years ago)

Oh that is BEAUTIFUL! I love tea party themes. One of my favorites included chilled "Strawberry Soup." Yum!

24. StardustSavannah
    May 16, 2011 at 12:49 pm (6 years ago)

Oh what lovely photos! Looks like it was a terrific time with your mom. My guys treated me like a queen all day starting with gifts, then cooking and cleaning…Happy belated Mom's Day!

25. Laura
    May 16, 2011 at 1:27 pm (6 years ago)

That looks like it was a fun day! Those strawberries look delicious.Happy SITS Day!

26. Alexandra
    May 16, 2011 at 2:27 pm (6 years ago)

Everything looked beautiful and yummy! Loved tooooo the pink, is my fav!Alexandrahttps://alexandraroman.com

27. bluecottonmemory
    May 16, 2011 at 2:40 pm (6 years ago)

What a beautiful family of women you have! And, yeah! for including the MIL!. We moms of sons get left out of a lot in that area. Congrats on your SITS Day! So glad your blog was spotlighted! It is always a refreshing place to visit!

28. pinkim
    May 16, 2011 at 3:38 pm (6 years ago)

I love it…If you have checked me out you know that I am a pink person! What a nice idea…Pinkim from TrulySimplyPink

29. Lisa
    May 16, 2011 at 5:05 pm (6 years ago)

Awww. I love this post! It looks like you all had a great time! And the food and place settings are so pretty too.