The Perfect Pumpkin(s)…

We went to the pumpkin patch this weekend and had a great time.

It was a perfect Fall day: crisp, a little cloudy, but beautiful.

The kids had fun riding the train,

seeing the animals,

eating caramel apples,

and watching apple cider being made.

Even though it rained a little when we were there, it didn’t cut our trip short.

The kids still took their time finding just the right pumpkins.

My daughter picked out a small, smooth one, perfect for carving:

And my son?

Well.

He has a different idea of what the perfect pumpkin looks like. :)

He started to carve the biggest of the four as soon as we got home,

and then went outside,

found two earthworms,

and put them inside his pumpkin…

“To see if they like to eat it, Mom.”

Boys and worms… I’m telling you! lol

For more “Wordful” / Wordless Wednesday, stop by Parenting by Dummies or 5MinutesforMom.

22 Comments on The Perfect Pumpkin(s)…

1. Buckeroomama
    October 20, 2010 at 3:53 am (7 years ago)

I have my two kids asking, "Can we get the same apples? Please? Pretty please!!" It's those M&M's! =)

2. Erin
    October 20, 2010 at 3:59 am (7 years ago)

Well did they like to eat the pumpkin? I think I have a few more years before my boys are into worms!

3. Michelle
    October 20, 2010 at 4:31 am (7 years ago)

lol :) boys will be boys…

October 20, 2010 at 12:05 pm (7 years ago)

What a wonderful day and pictures!!! And boys and bugs… its like they are drawn to each other! well. Maybe the bugs arent drawn to the boys. Since they tend to end up dead and all. ;)Blessings-Amanda

5. confused homemaker
    October 20, 2010 at 12:27 pm (7 years ago)

Ha! I love that, of course he would try. How could he not, LOL :DAnd looks like you all had a good time!

6. Anna
    October 20, 2010 at 12:27 pm (7 years ago)

Looks like a great day out! Love the pumpkin shot. My post this week also has an autumnal feel.

7. Traci66
    October 20, 2010 at 2:52 pm (7 years ago)

Eeeh worms, can you believe I am actually scared of worms. Can touch them for nothing. When I was little my older sister put some down my pants and well now I am ruint. Great pumpkin patch. I am glad my son doesn't pick up worms yet, I'm sure one day he'll have to chase me with one, just like his older brother did. Please stop by and link up at my blog too.https://traci66.blogspot.com/2010/10/wordy-or-not-so-wordy-wednesdaypumpkin.html

8. Rachel
    October 20, 2010 at 8:49 pm (7 years ago)

Too adorable!I love his idea of the perfect pumpkins!Adorable pictures. :-)

9. Ronel Sidney
    October 20, 2010 at 8:58 pm (7 years ago)

The caramel apple looks so yummy!!! Great pictures!!

10. Busy Working Mama
    October 21, 2010 at 12:17 pm (7 years ago)

Too cute! It's amazing what creative things kids come up with ;)

11. Jeanine
    October 21, 2010 at 2:13 pm (7 years ago)

That looks like fun! Love the worms in the pumpkin. Gotta love those boys and their silly boy thinking!Peace and blessings to your day!Jeanine

12. Lexie Loo & Dylan Too
    October 21, 2010 at 6:47 pm (7 years ago)

I really enjoyed this post! I'm so glad you had a great day!

13. Beth.. One Blessed Nana
    October 21, 2010 at 10:33 pm (7 years ago)

those carmel apples look so good! i now have a distinct craving to go make sone! ha!

14. Tammy
    October 22, 2010 at 4:13 pm (7 years ago)

Wow, all we get is a little hayride to our pumpkin patch.. this looks great! Nice pictures. I have 2 girls so I don't envy the boys & worms thing, lol!I'm a new follower – I found you at Mom's Tree House! :)-Tammyhttps://dontblink-tammy.blogspot.com/

15. Emy
    October 23, 2010 at 5:07 am (7 years ago)

Seems like a fun place!P.S.I'm a new follower. I found you through Mom Bloggers Club.BTW,I have some great giveaways going on… $35 GC from CSN, 4 skincare products from L'BRI, family music CD, Boogie Wipes and several more!Hope to see you soon.https://alwaysaroundboys.blogspot.com

October 23, 2010 at 6:16 pm (7 years ago)

I love that your kiddo likes the different pumpkins! I spotlighted you today at my blog!

17. Judy@cutest-little-things
    October 26, 2010 at 6:52 pm (7 years ago)

Too funny! That's boys for ya!Love this time of year :)Judy@cutest-little-things

18. Michelle
    October 27, 2010 at 1:49 am (7 years ago)

What a fun trip. Enjoy those trips to the pumpkin patch because before you know it they are going to be too "old" to want to go. I so miss it.So has the worm made a dent in the pumpkin? :)