A frog or two. Or fifty.

When our kids went to Grandma and Grandpa’s house in the country a couple of weeks ago, they caught a few frogs:

bucket full of frogs
It brought back memories of the cricket episode we had in our house last year.
At least this time, we didn’t end up with frogs as pets when the kids came home! :)

30 Comments on A frog or two. Or fifty.

1. Wired Whimsy
    July 14, 2010 at 1:43 am (7 years ago)

Oh my goodness… they're so little! How cute!

2. Jen
    July 14, 2010 at 1:51 am (7 years ago)

Now that is a lot of frogs!Ew!!!

3. An Ordinary Mom
    July 14, 2010 at 2:04 am (7 years ago)

And I am sure they will cherish these memories for many years to come :) !!And on a frog side note, while I was in Hallmark yesterday, on their counter they were selling little aquariums, each with 2 frogs and a snail. Cute, but odd for Hallmark?!

4. Staci
    July 14, 2010 at 2:18 am (7 years ago)

OMG! What good catchers you have!

5. Barbie
    July 14, 2010 at 2:32 am (7 years ago)

Wow, that's a whole lot of little frogs there. It reminds me of when my brothers and I use to go down to the creek that ran under the freeway near our home and catch tadpoles.

6. debi9kids
    July 14, 2010 at 2:42 am (7 years ago)

HOLY cow! Now THAT is a LOT of frogs! YIKES!

7. Kelly
    July 14, 2010 at 2:59 am (7 years ago)

That is A LOT of froggies! It kind of gives me the eebie-jeebies!!! What fun for your kiddos!

July 14, 2010 at 3:05 am (7 years ago)

Oh my goodness!!! That's crazy!!

9. Lexie Loo & Dylan Too
    July 14, 2010 at 5:04 am (7 years ago)

That is awesome! My son loves frogs, so I'm definitely showing this to him tomorrow!

10. The Real Me!
    July 14, 2010 at 10:53 am (7 years ago)

Wow that is a lot of frogs. We don't see a lot of frogs. I think the snakes eat them. LOL!Have a great day my friend.Kim

11. LivingSoAbundantly
    July 14, 2010 at 11:40 am (7 years ago)

Look how tiny! Your kiddos will probably never forget this! :)

12. Laura
    July 14, 2010 at 11:41 am (7 years ago)

Oh my gosh! Those are the cutest little frogs ever!

13. Kathleen@so much to say, so little time
    July 14, 2010 at 11:51 am (7 years ago)

Hilarious! We have neighbors who catch things in the creek that I never even see. I don't know how they do it. Things like snapping turtles. Big ones. Two at a time. One morning they were clawing at the edge of a plastic tub at 5:50a.m. when I came back from running, and the sound of it nearly made me scream, it was so creepy. lol

14. TheAngelForever
    July 14, 2010 at 12:13 pm (7 years ago)

Wow, certainly looks like they had a good amount of frogs to keep them busy ;)

15. Karen
    July 14, 2010 at 2:13 pm (7 years ago)

My brother once got a bunch of frog eggs from the pond down the street, put it in a kiddie-pool full of pond water, and raised tadpoles into frogs. We had frogs all over the back yard. I think he eventually rounded them up and returned them to the pond.

16. Jeanine
    July 14, 2010 at 2:38 pm (7 years ago)

Oh, my! That's a lot of frogs! It reminds me of our five-year old little neighbor boy who is always on the hunt for frogs. At our old house (just a few doors down from our current new house) this little guy would ring our doorbell to enlist my help…no one else…to check for frogs in our one window well. So…I'd walk out with him, we'd look down into the window well and if he saw frogs I would lower him down and then pull him back up. Even now at our new house, if he sees me he will call me down to check out a new frog or snake or insect/creature of some sort…all while knowing that I am terrified of frogs, snakes and creepy-crawlies. He's SO DARN CUTE, though, that I have a very difficult time resisting him :)Peace and blessings to your day.Jeanine

17. Kim H.
    July 14, 2010 at 2:53 pm (7 years ago)

Holy bucket o' frogs!!!I guess we know what the frogs in the country are doing. :)Oh to be a kid again!!!

18. Kim H.
    July 14, 2010 at 2:54 pm (7 years ago)

19. *Mirage*
    July 14, 2010 at 4:27 pm (7 years ago)

Wowee that's alot of frogs! I surely do miss my kid days catching spring peepers down by the creek. *sigh* The memories! :)

20. Shash
    July 14, 2010 at 5:46 pm (7 years ago)

that's more than a few!! my 4 yr old came home with one this past weekend. That's enough for me!!Shasher's Life

21. Jinnia
    July 14, 2010 at 5:58 pm (7 years ago)

That's a lot of frogs! They must have had fun!

22. Evelyn
    July 14, 2010 at 6:14 pm (7 years ago)

That quite the bucket of frogs! I bet they had a blast!

23. ~ Noelle
    July 14, 2010 at 6:18 pm (7 years ago)

Oh my!!!Now that is A L O T !!!!!!!!!

24. Amy
    July 14, 2010 at 6:59 pm (7 years ago)

Wow! How fun for your kids, though. Reminds me of all the eensy weensy frogs we used to catch when I was little!

25. Gina Conroy
    July 14, 2010 at 8:59 pm (7 years ago)

That's a lot of frogs! A couple of frogs left eggs in our pool. We scooped them out and now we're watching the tadpoles grow. Not sure what we'll do with them when they get as big as yours!

26. Jewel
    July 15, 2010 at 7:56 pm (7 years ago)

Oh my..LOL..My daughter catches lizards, although thankfully she has never caught as many as the frogs I'm seeing here. When I was young, I used to catch tadpoles then got sad when they all eventually turned into frogs and disappeared. I'm now following from over at MBC. Come visit me when you have time. https://jewelzfrontporch.blogspot.com/

27. Michelle
    July 15, 2010 at 10:07 pm (7 years ago)

They are so cute and tiny. But I can see why you would not want all of them to come home with you. :)

July 20, 2010 at 11:55 pm (7 years ago)

That's a lot of frogs!stephanie@metropolitanmama.net