Mighty Magic Mommy

My daughter gave me a coffee mug not too long ago that I absolutely love.

Not only because it’s big and holds a lot of coffee,

but also because it was painted with a C where there should be a G…

mighty magic mommy mug

It’s flawed, but I don’t care.

I love it anyway.

It reminds me of what motherhood is like sometimes…

I’m not mighty.

Or magic. (Even though when I’m staring down at a mountain-high pile of laundry that needs to be folded, I wish I was.)

And I’m not perfect, either.

But, that’s okay.

Because, on the other side of the mug, it says, “You’re my hero”…

and that’s one of the best things about being a mom. :

21 Comments on Mighty Magic Mommy

1. Jessica
    August 3, 2009 at 12:32 pm (8 years ago)

What an awesome cup! LOLHmmm, there are areas where I feel flawed. I don't really like to do creative stuff or take my kids places. I have to force myself to take them to the park because I'd rather be hiding out at home. But they still seem to love me. LOL

August 3, 2009 at 12:55 pm (8 years ago)

What do I love most about being a mom? My kids! ;) I love being with them and teaching them and learning along with them and seeing the world through their eyes.I struggle with patience… And so many other things!! Great things to think about here Genny… I should do a post on this!Blessings~Amanda

August 3, 2009 at 1:56 pm (8 years ago)

Patience is something I'm constantly working on too! :)

August 3, 2009 at 2:37 pm (8 years ago)

Hi Genny,Wow, having been a mother for over 24 years, I have a plethora of flaws that I could share. However, the number one thing is I get way too emotional over everything. I've improved in this area but still have the tendency to get uptight about things when I shouldn't. This goes back to my childhood when I grew up in a fairly unstable environment. As for what I love about being a mom: Being a part of developing a life is the world's best job.

5. Theta Mom
    August 3, 2009 at 3:10 pm (8 years ago)

That mug is perfect because it shows that we aren't perfect either. We are just trying to do the best job we can. That mug is priceless! :) My favorite part about being a mom is sharing my life with them. We are creating our own story together, one that my own kids will pass on to their kids someday. We are making our own history.

6. Dakotapam
    August 3, 2009 at 3:22 pm (8 years ago)

I love the mug! My husband just told me yesterday that I have too many mugs, and I told him that I like it that way!I feel so flawed as a home maker. I'm a good mom, not perfect, but good…but I can barely tread water when it comes to cleaning and laundry…it is a constant struggle. I pray for the day when it just won't matter anymore!

August 3, 2009 at 3:36 pm (8 years ago)

KellieS – the world's best job…I agree.Theta Mom – I love how you said you and your kids are creating your own story together. Beautiful.DakotaPam – the laundry…I know what you mean. I'm pretty much a Type A personality, and I like things to be "done". I've come to a place, though, where I've accepted that the laundry is one of those things that will never be finished, and that's okay. It helps me look at it differently. :)

8. Mama Mel
    August 3, 2009 at 4:19 pm (8 years ago)

Love the mug! I didn't even notice the "flaw" until you pointed it out! I must be tired… ;)Thanks for stopping by my blog today! Have a great day! :)

9. Kelly
    August 3, 2009 at 7:38 pm (8 years ago)

what a cute mug! it gives it great character with that little flaw! right now i'm feelin' pretty mighty if i can make it through this week getting my son potty trained. it will feel pretty darn good if i can accomplish that. his hero? i'm not sure about that…but maybe later on he can communicate that to me!

10. confused homemaker
    August 4, 2009 at 12:12 am (8 years ago)

best.cup.ever.what i love most, getting to know my kids. they are amazing. but i definitely struggle in the area of patience. they are teaching me daily how to develop this skill.

11. Becky @ Our Sweet Peas
    August 4, 2009 at 12:32 am (8 years ago)

Patience is definitely what I need to work on also. I do see myself as a somewhat patient person but the boys are at that toddler stage that pushes all my buttons sometimes. I love, love, love the simple, sweet moments that involve a hug or an "I love you" that is unexpected. So sweet!Great post btw!

August 4, 2009 at 12:51 am (8 years ago)

Confused Homemaker – I love how you said you like "getting to know your kids"…that made me think. And Becky, I love those simple, sweet moments too. Kelly – Hang in there! Potty training is hard, but at least it does end at some point…lol. I started way too early with my son (because my daughter potty trained so early and I just assumed he'd be the same way) and I think we spent over a year on the whole process!

13. Janel@Dandelion Dayz
    August 4, 2009 at 1:06 am (8 years ago)

Oh, that was great, Genny! I love that cup. I love when my kids open up about a situation that happens during the day while they are away from me. They want to share it with me and want my opinion on how to handle it better. I feel like a hero then. My flaws in parenting are too many to mention here. But mostly it has been when I lose my temper. I always wish I could take it back. Always.

14. Melissa B.
    August 4, 2009 at 1:21 am (8 years ago)

I have a bulletin board in my room that showcases artwork, cards, etc. that the girls have made me over the years. I was just meditating on it this morning…I think it might be my most prized possession!

15. Becky
    August 4, 2009 at 4:02 am (8 years ago)

What area am I not flawed in??? Lol! I sometimes feel I run around from disaster to disater just trying to "keep up"! Having one in like every age bracket keeps you switching hats all the time. From teaching to drive a car and dating boys to allowence and sassing back to changing diapers and making little leagues games. IDK if I am coming or going half the time!But I do know I wouldn't trade it for anything:)

August 4, 2009 at 6:14 am (8 years ago)

I love the cup so cute and sweet

17. Emily
    August 4, 2009 at 7:48 pm (8 years ago)

I'm so glad you found me! What a lovely little spot you've got here. :)

18. BOWquet
    August 5, 2009 at 3:06 am (8 years ago)

so sweet! Love the mug!

19. Erin Bassett
    August 5, 2009 at 3:55 am (8 years ago)

Awww, what a sweet mug!(via SITS)