1. Happy Friday, everyone! I hope you’ve had a great week. Has the school year started for you too? My kids headed off to their first day of fifth and third grade this week (I can hardly believe it) and even though I was ready for school to start so we could get back into a more regular schedule, I still got choked up on their first day. I wonder if that will ever change. :)
2. Along the same sappy-mommy lines, Tyne had a post this week about her own realization of how fast time is flying (she has four little ones). Stop by and read it if you have a minute. It’s a great reminder to enjoy each moment with our kids, even if that moment happens to be in the middle of the night, or when we’re exhausted.
3. Some other reading for the weekend, if you’re interested: I’m over at 5MinutesforFaith with a post about not quitting even when you feel like it. And if you didn’t get a chance to read It’s How You Say Hello, I found out this week it was featured on the front page of Divine Caroline’s Parenting section.
4. Thanks for all the sweet notes of encouragement about our cat Chester, who went missing a few weeks ago.
Some of you have asked for updates so I wanted to let you know that, sadly, he hasn’t come home. The kids are having a hard time with it… my daughter has started saving her money to buy her own kitten because we “need to have a cat.” (*sigh*). And my son–you know how much he loves pets, even the ones he keeps in the fridge–called me from the coast when he and Mike went on a boys’ camping trip this weekend and said he wanted to bring some water snails home (“We could keep them in our pool, Mom”). Needless to say, the kids are really missing Chester. I have a feeling we might be having a new addition in the pet department around here in the next few months. (I’m such a sucker…)
6. Thanks also for heading over to my friend Kristen’s site to read my interview there. I really appreciated the comments and support, and I’m keeping my fingers crossed that I win one of her beautiful necklaces. I’ll let you know if I do! (She’s keeping comments open until next Wednesday, so if you haven’t stopped by yet, and it’s not too much trouble, I’d love it if you could.)
For more 7 Quick Takes, stop by Jennifer’s Conversion Diary.
Have a great weekend, everyone! I hope to see you back here for Mom-Monday. I’ll be sharing some things that happened this week that made me realize the impact everyday, little things can have on our kids…