Thanksgiving bracelets, the best ice cream shop ever, and other updates…
Happy Friday, everyone! I hope you had a great week. Today, I’m joining Jennifer in Seven Quick Takes Friday…
1. Can you believe Thanksgiving is right around the corner? Where does the time go? I came across this article over at Hearts at Home and wanted to pass it on to you. It has some great ideas about how to involve your kids in getting ready for the holiday.
2. Speaking of Thanksgiving, I’ve been wearing this lately:
It’s a “thankful bracelet” that I got from church last weekend (really just a piece of string tied in a knot). Our pastor challenged everyone to try not to complain about anything this whole month. Instead, we’re wearing the bracelets and, when we feel like complaining, we’re supposed to look at it on our wrist and think of something we’re thankful for.
That might sound simple or corny, but I’m telling you, it works. I’ve been doing a lot less grumbling and a lot more thanking this week. (I think I need to keep my bracelet on longer than just this month… :)
3. A note for writers: if you don’t already visit the Guide to Literary Agents website, I highly recommend it. It’s packed with great information, like today’s post by Agent Mollie Glick titled 7 Things Agents Want to See in a Query and 9 Things They Don’t.
4. Have you ever heard of Firesheep? Until the other day, I hadn’t. If you work on your laptop in coffee shops or public locations like I do, you should know about it. Click over to read this post and learn about this new Internet security threat.
5. I hope you’re not getting sick of my vacation photos… I was going through them to make a photo book and saw a few more I thought I’d share. (Can you tell I didn’t want the trip to end?) :)
|My daughter’s graceful landing at the bottom of the hotel pool water slide.|
|One of the fish we saw when we went tide pooling. (I almost thought it was a small shark at first.)|
|My daughter found the smallest hermit crab ever.|
|The best little ice cream shop in Ko’ Olina called Two Scoops. You can’t tell from the photo, but it’s darling inside… with china tea sets on the tables, a sweet mural on the wall, and all kinds of cute decorations.|
|Mike and I our last night in Ko’ Olina…|
6. If you’re thinking about year-end giving or looking for a good cause to help with, please take a minute to visit Courage to be You, Inc. (C2BU).
This is the organization I volunteer for that I told you about recently. C2BU is doing amazing things to help rescue and restore children from trafficking. You can get involved and help too by visiting the website and clicking on Donate or Opportunities.