Natural soaps, good reads, and a reminder about Fall get-togethers…
1. Happy Friday, everyone! I hope you had a great week. I have to share that the highlight of mine was finding out on Monday that my middle grade novel manuscript, Give and Take, received Honorable Mention in the SCBWI Sue Alexander Awards. That, and the fact that Mike brought home a dozen roses to congratulate me. The award is such an honor, and Mike was so sweet. I couldn’t have asked for a more perfect day. :)
2. I also have to share this story (about a teenager who was given an assignment from a teacher to spend $12.00 and make a difference in the life of someone else). Stop by and read it if you have a minute; it’s worth it. Thanks, Warren, for the tip.
3. I found this blog through Kelly’s Korner and was really touched. Even though Lisa’s son Brayden has been battling Leukemia, she’s a mom filled with thankfulness and hope. I love how she reminds us to, “Hug your family and appreciate the simple, uneventful things that happen all around you.” Stop by her blog, be inspired, and send prayers her way!
4. If you love natural soaps as much as I do, stop by Heather’s site and check out her chemical-free, all-natural lineup. You can read more about Heather over at my friend Kellie’s site. And a huge thanks to Kellie: remember when I told you how she was having a giveaway for a basket filled with $100 worth of organic products? Well, (yay, yay, yay!) it just so happens that I won the basket. It was filled with body spray, bath salts, mints, coffee (COFFEE!), and a bunch of other great stuff. I felt like a kid in a candy store. Thanks, Kellie!
5. Thanks also to those of you who’ve joined me in Talkin’ About Thursdays so far. Don’t forget to chime in next week with a post about Fall get-togethers. It should be a fun one. I’ll be talking about some things we’ve done this fall, like our trip to the pumpkin patch, where I saw possibly the biggest pumpkin in the world…
6. And remember my post about the pictures on the car windows? Well, my daughter did a new drawing this week:
Pretty cool, don’t you think? We even had someone roll down his window at a stop light and say, “Hey, great window!” The kids beamed.
7. Last, for all you writers, Literary Agent Nathan Bransford had a post packed with information summarizing this week in publishing, and Literary Agent Chip MacGregor had a post about the state of the publishing environment.
For more 7 Quick Takes, be sure and stop by Jennifer’s Conversion Diary.
Have a great weekend, everyone. I’ll see you back here for Mom-Monday!