7 Quick Takes Friday
1. Happy Friday, everyone! It’s been a great week here. I hope it’s been that way for you too. One of the highlights of my week: I’m on the leadership team for MOPS in my area and we had our first meeting, enjoying coffee, breakfast, and listening to Jenny Williamson–the founder of Courage 2BU and an incredibly inspiring woman. I loved her reminder to stay (or get) in touch with who we really are, so we can live the life we were created to live.
2. Does it feel like autumn where you are yet? Even though I’ve got my fall decorations up, it’s still hot where I’m at in California. The forecast today said it’s going to be in the 90s throughout the weekend and up to 100 next week. Can anyone describe their nice, COOL weather so I can live vicariously through you? :)
3. A huge thank you to all who commented on my interview over at my friend Kristen’s site. I’m excited to tell you I won her jewelry giveaway! I haven’t picked out a piece yet, but I’ll be sure to let you know what I decide on. Thanks to all of you and to Kristen!
4. On that note of thanks, I was wondering if you could help me again. You might’ve noticed the “vote for me” button on my left sidebar. Can you take a minute (please?) to click on that (or the link here) and vote MyCup2Yours for the DivineCaroline Love This Site Parenting Award? You have to register when you vote, but it only takes a second. (And it’s a great site to be registered at, anyway.) Thanks so much!
5. My friend Kellie is having an awesome giveaway you won’t want to miss! It’s a gift basket filled with the organic products she’s reviewing this month. Readers can enter via any of her posts on the various products. The deadline to enter is September 30th and the prize package is valued at over $100, so be sure and enter. I know I’m going to!
7. I loved the comments you left on a post I wrote a while ago when I asked what made you laugh that week. So to kick off the weekend with a smile, here are a few of the comments:
Wendy at All in a Day’s Thought said: My girls were practicing their secret handshake in the back seats of the car and they shouted up to me to ask if Daddy and I had a secret handshake. It made me giggle.
Mahoney Musings said: My husband was playing a game on his blackberry and when he lost a man he said, “ARGGG!” Our three year old exclaimed, “Daddy! You’re not a pirate!”
Kirby3131 said: What a hoot! My niece, who imitates my sister better than she does, says… Now, let’s focus. She says that mainly to my mother (her grandmother) when she starts picking up the house and then wanders into another room and doesn’t come back right away. “Nana, now let’s focus!”
For more 7 Quick Takes, stop by Jennifer’s Conversion Diary.
Have a great weekend, everyone! I hope to see you back here for Mom-Monday!