A weekend to remember

It really was.

When my friend Jen surprised me and told me she was flying out from NJ from my birthday a couple weeks ago, I knew we’d have a great time, but I truly didn’t expect all that she did! It was definitely a weekend to remember…

We started out with lunch at Pottery World (the place I told you about a while ago with that great salad sampler):

Me, Jen

(Look at the flowers and fountains in their outside area!)…

Everything was gorgeous! Jen and I ate at the little Cafe inside (the best food) and talked and talked. It was so nice to be able to catch up; I’ve missed her!

Later that night, we met our friend Kelly for dinner:

Jen, Kelly, Me

and did more talking and more catching up. It was great!

The next day (my actual birthday) was amazing. Jen had already made plans ahead of time with some of our friends from college and set up an entire day at a spa.

Jen, Kelli, me, Shannon, and Jen (three Jens, if you can believe it!)

After that (it was Heavenly!), we went out to a nice dinner:

All of us again, on our way to dinner.

and reminisced about all of our fun college memories.

It was great to be able to spend time relaxing, remembering, and laughing. I feel so lucky to have such great friends. (I love you girls! And I miss you already, Jen! Thanks for everything!)

What about you? Have you had any fun birthday celebrations lately? What about time connecting with old friends?

For more “Wordful” / Wordless Wednesday photos, stop by Angie’s SevenClownCircus, Parenting by Dummies, 5MinutesforMom, and A Beautiful Mess.

18 Comments on A weekend to remember

1. alicia
    April 20, 2011 at 12:12 am (6 years ago)

What a wonderful friend you have there. She is a treasure. So glad you had a lovely b-day weekend. Thanks for stopping by!alicia

2. Tiaras
    April 20, 2011 at 3:58 am (6 years ago)

sounds like a fabulous friend and great weekend!

3. debi9kids
    April 20, 2011 at 4:13 am (6 years ago)

What an awesome time with friends!Looks like the perfect way to celebrate your birthday!

4. Justin
    April 20, 2011 at 5:11 am (6 years ago)

Happy Belated Birthday! Catching up with old friends is always fun, throwing in spa time and good food, that is a plus! It sounds like you had a lovely birthday!

5. BARBIE
    April 20, 2011 at 6:37 am (6 years ago)

What a beautiful spot to have lunch! You gals are absolutely gorgeous. It's so fun to be able to reconnect with friends.

6. Joyful
    April 20, 2011 at 11:37 am (6 years ago)

My best friend flew up from Virginia about 3 weeks ago and stayed with us for 18 days. It was so precious to have her here, and although we didn't do much in the way of activities because of current health challenges, it was wonderful to just be together. What a blessing. Thanks for sharing your special time and belated birthday blessings. Joy

7. Stacy Uncorked
    April 20, 2011 at 1:38 pm (6 years ago)

Happy (belated) Birthday!!How cool your friend flew out to celebrate your special day. Looks like the best birthday ever! :)WW: Dork Dogs and Cats

8. I'm Genny...
    April 20, 2011 at 4:19 pm (6 years ago)

Thanks – it really was fun! And, Barbie, if you are ever up in my area, we should go to lunch there. It is beautiful!

9. Lori
    April 20, 2011 at 6:38 pm (6 years ago)

Love the pictures! Happy Birthday!

10. Gina Conroy
    April 20, 2011 at 7:21 pm (6 years ago)

Definitely a weekend to remember! What a great friend you have and you were "there" for my last birthday celebration even if it was on the phone as I drove through the mountains!!

11. Jansen Family
    April 20, 2011 at 7:51 pm (6 years ago)

Happy belated birthday! I love catching up with friends and family! I'm planning a trip to visit family I haven't seen for two years this summer and am so extremely excited!Carla

12. I'm Genny...
    April 20, 2011 at 8:41 pm (6 years ago)

Gina – Even though it didn't work out to meet for coffee, it was great to talk!And, Carla… have a great time! Sounds fun!

April 21, 2011 at 12:01 am (6 years ago)

Happy Birthday, Genny! I think it says something about you as a friend that a friend would make your birthday so special. It sounds FANTASTIC. Such gorgeous women you all are!

14. I'm Genny...
    April 21, 2011 at 1:41 am (6 years ago)

Thanks, Angie. You're sweet. :)

15. lawyers
    April 21, 2011 at 12:46 pm (6 years ago)

plans ahead of time with some of our friends from college and set up an entire day at a spa.

1Pingbacks & Trackbacks on A weekend to remember