Something about this tree…

Welcome to Talkin’ About Thursdays!

Today’s topic:

Write a post sharing a nature photograph you’ve taken, tell us where it is and the story behind it (if there is one), then come back and link up!

Be sure to stop by the other bogs on the list and leave a comment to say hi too.

And don’t worry; you don’t have to be a photographer to join in today. (I’m definitely not. In fact, the photos I’m sharing are ones I took on my phone!)

Here are my photos:

A couple weeks ago when the kids were out of school, I took them on a walk through a nature preserve near our house.

In the middle of the field, near one of the ponds, there was this old, crooked tree:

Here are the top branches:
Maybe it was the weather or the way the tree contrasted with all the green around it, but something about it struck me.
Even though it’s kind of eerie looking, I thought it was pretty cool. Don’t you?
Can’t wait to see the nature pictures you’re sharing! :)

19 Comments on Something about this tree…

1. Karen Garcia
    April 15, 2010 at 5:22 am (7 years ago)

I clearly see how you were struck by that tree.There something dark,sad and mysterious about it.I really enjoyed being a part of this topic on tonight.Thank YouMuch Luv,Karen

April 15, 2010 at 5:40 am (7 years ago)

What a great tree, its got terrific lines.My entry (originally posted a few days ago) shows nature after a bit of human intervention. Sometimes we humans get it all wrong but this time I have to say someone got it very, very right.

3. busylilgal
    April 15, 2010 at 11:40 am (7 years ago)

Excellent photo of the tree! Imagine how long it took for each branch to grow. Great perspective.

4. Kathleen@so much to say, so little time
    April 15, 2010 at 11:42 am (7 years ago)

One of the pics I considered sharing was of a similar tree, in Juneau Alaska. It was up on the top of the mountain and when it was a sapling, it was weighed down with snow, and consequently it grew sideways before growing up. A whole bunch of branches on that tree were that way, actually. Very striking.

5. The Real Me!
    April 15, 2010 at 12:01 pm (7 years ago)

I love that kind of stuff my friend. Very beautiful in and eerie kind of way! LOL!HugsKim

6. Raise Them Up
    April 15, 2010 at 1:50 pm (7 years ago)

That's funny. I am taken with old trees, too. I'll often find myself staring at them and wondering what they've been through. What storm or events caused their twists and turns…Great Picture!!

7. Braley Mama
    April 15, 2010 at 2:33 pm (7 years ago)

that is one cool tree, i like it!

8. Ash
    April 15, 2010 at 3:09 pm (7 years ago)

Love the nature pics! I'm stopping by from MBC and now following. I look forward to reading more! Ashleywww.thehouseofdestephano.blogspot.com

9. Kathy C.
    April 15, 2010 at 4:32 pm (7 years ago)

Genny, that's a very dramatic tree! Love that second photo of it…I bet it has a story to tell. :)

10. Jinnia Low
    April 15, 2010 at 6:08 pm (7 years ago)

It looks amazing, almost like it's been struck by lightning and lived to survive. You got some great shots just with a phone camera, lol.

11. veterankindergartenteacher
    April 15, 2010 at 7:38 pm (7 years ago)

That is such an eirie looking tree Genny! It looks a little sad doesn't it. I linked to your blog today…go take a peek!

April 15, 2010 at 7:52 pm (7 years ago)

Hi Genny,I feel like I haven't been doing my rounds lately. I've missed visiting….busy working on my book. You can relate, I'm sure. Anyway, I haven't taken any shots of the great outdoors as of late, so nothing to post over here. But yours is cool. I love twisty, old trees…kind of spooky, too.Hugs,Kellie

13. Barbie
    April 16, 2010 at 4:50 am (7 years ago)

Oh, I love it. It is eerie looking, but I find myself drawn to it for some reason!

14. Life with Kaishon
    April 16, 2010 at 7:05 pm (7 years ago)

That tree is really beautiful. I love your images.