Have I got a story for you…

Remember how I told you another blogger and I recently met for coffee?…

Meet Lisa from StopnSmelltheChocolates!
The story of how we ended up getting together is pretty ironic, if you ask me…
Lisa and I originally “met” through our blogs about a year and a half ago.
At some point, we figured out we both live in Northern California.
We agreed that we should try to meet up for coffee some day, but neither of us knew how close we lived to each other.
Then, after Valentine’s Day, when I posted about the date I had with Mike, Lisa recognized where we were in the photos.
We exchanged emails and realized we live in the same town. And then Lisa wrote…
“Just wait until you hear THIS! Were you in Michael’s this afternoon? I think I saw you crossing the road with your daughter and I went–that’s Genny! Now maybe I was mistaken, but if that wasn’t you–she looked a lot like you!”
It turns out, it was me. And Lisa and I had even been in the same aisle in Michaels getting school supplies with our kids!
It also turns out that we live only a couple of miles from each other, and our birthdays are just days apart. (Happy BDay, Lisa!)
So of course,

we decided to get together for coffee.
And of course, we brought our cameras so we could take pictures and blog about it! :)
Be sure and stop by Lisa’s blog and say hi. She’s such a sweetheart and her blog is great!
For more Photo Story Friday visit:

PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and Mamarazzi

36 Comments on Have I got a story for you…

1. Sue
    April 16, 2010 at 12:07 am (8 years ago)

That is super fun! I've met a hand full of my blogging friends but none live close to me. How fun that you two live so close!! I wish my buddies were closer ;-)Thanks for sharing this!! Glad you two had fun meeting in person.

2. MahoneyMusings
    April 16, 2010 at 12:21 am (8 years ago)

That is crazy!! I love stories like that.

3. Bevy
    April 16, 2010 at 12:31 am (8 years ago)

That is really awesome… too FUNny!

4. Life with Kaishon
    April 16, 2010 at 12:32 am (8 years ago)

Get out of here! That is too crazy! And so fun! I love it! There was a girl I met that lived near me but for some reason she stopped talking to me… I wonder if I did of said something annoying. There is a good chance that I did : ) as I am truly the Queen of Annoying : )

5. Amy A.K.A. "The Mrs."
    April 16, 2010 at 12:33 am (8 years ago)

That's awesome! It's weird but I pray that the same kind of thing happens to me someday. It's something that would very neat, I think. :)

6. Cecily R
    April 16, 2010 at 12:40 am (8 years ago)

FUN! I love it when the world is small like that. When we moved a few years ago we ended up moving into the same neighborhood as a blogging friend of mine without realizing it!

7. The Real Me!
    April 16, 2010 at 12:55 am (8 years ago)

Oh I love Lisa, so I'm a little bit jealous. LOL! Of course I'd love to meet up with you to Genny! So cool you all live that close.HugsKim

8. Kathy C.
    April 16, 2010 at 12:55 am (8 years ago)

That is such a neat story! I love Lisa, and I've "known" her (via blogland) for quite some time. I'd love to live down the street from that gal! :)

9. Raise Them Up
    April 16, 2010 at 1:15 am (8 years ago)

How cool is that?? And wild, too! I can see all kinds of crazy co-hosting bloggy type stuff in your futures. :)

10. Cindy
    April 16, 2010 at 1:43 am (8 years ago)

That is so God!And…YES…it is Always good to take along a camera…just like I did when I met a fellow blogger who's mom lives only minutes from my house! Small, small world!

11. 3 Blessings
    April 16, 2010 at 1:50 am (8 years ago)

Isn't it great to connect with blogging friends in real life? I too have been blessed to meet some of my blogging friends and it is such a gift.Blessings,Amy

12. Mamarazzi
    April 16, 2010 at 1:57 am (8 years ago)

so cool! i love meeting up with bloggy friends. there are only a few bloggers that i know in my neck of NorCal. it is always fun when we get together!!

13. debi9kids
    April 16, 2010 at 4:30 am (8 years ago)

OH! That is FANTASTIC! I wish I would discover a blogger I love only lived minutes from me.Awesome story!

14. Barbie
    April 16, 2010 at 4:47 am (8 years ago)

That is so wonderful that you both got to meet. I hope to meet some of my blogging buddies one day. BTW, I live in Northern California as well. I would love to meet up with you and Lisa one day. I would even drive to meet you! Would be fun!

15. Casey's trio
    April 16, 2010 at 6:50 am (8 years ago)

Now that is a funny story! Glad you tracked each down:)

April 16, 2010 at 1:15 pm (8 years ago)

*jealous* I LOVE stories like this!!!

17. Jeanine
    April 16, 2010 at 1:18 pm (8 years ago)

That.is.AMAZING! God meant for the two of you to meet, to become friends. This is not coincidence. Thanks for sharing the story and photo. I hope your friendship develops into something as amazing as the story behind it.Peace and blessings to your day.

18. amy
    April 16, 2010 at 3:03 pm (8 years ago)

that is so fun and a great story about the perks of blogging

April 16, 2010 at 4:16 pm (8 years ago)

How awesome! I can't wait to meet some bloggers that I have talking to this summer. We are taking a trip and it just happens to be in the same city where they live! Hope I remember my camera.

20. Jinnia Low
    April 16, 2010 at 5:07 pm (8 years ago)

What a cool story! That is such a God thing, down to your birthdays and where you live. Amazing.

21. Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings
    April 16, 2010 at 10:18 pm (8 years ago)

That is so cool! So far I've only met two of the bloggers whose blogs I read…That is an awesome story!

22. Camie
    April 16, 2010 at 10:33 pm (8 years ago)

Oh my goodness! That is so neat! How fun for the two of you!Blessings!Camie

23. Alex
    April 17, 2010 at 12:05 am (8 years ago)

That is awesome. I met another local blogger recently and it was so much fun!

24. thedomesticfringe
    April 17, 2010 at 12:53 am (8 years ago)

Oh my goodness! That's SO fun. I don't know any bloggers anywhere near me.-FringeGirl

25. Halfmoon Girl
    April 17, 2010 at 5:44 pm (8 years ago)

That a cute story. Glad you finally met!

April 17, 2010 at 10:43 pm (8 years ago)

♥ How fun!!! So crazy that you're in the same town!!!

April 18, 2010 at 8:11 pm (8 years ago)

How fun is that. I had the opportunity to meet someone I met online recently, too. It's so good to make that connection after only writing to them or commenting on their blog. I guarantee that if I'm ever in your neck of the woods, we'll do coffee.

28. jewelknits
    April 20, 2010 at 4:27 pm (8 years ago)

That's so cool! It's really hard for us to sometimes find good girlfriends; I hope that this is the start of a wonderful friendship!

April 20, 2010 at 10:10 pm (8 years ago)

What a wonderful story! I love how blogging brings people together. :)stephanie@metropolitanmama.net

30. Joanne@ Blessed...
    April 23, 2010 at 12:34 am (8 years ago)

How fun! And you girls are REALLY close by to one another too. I just Love it!