Good inspiring more good, Courage to be You, and other miscellaneous updates…
Happy 7 Quick Takes Friday! It seems like I have a bunch of miscellaneous updates to share, so here we go…
1. First, do you remember the story I told you about my friend Carole’s daughter and what happened in the bridal shop in Las Vegas? If you think that was a tear-jerker, wait until you hear what’s happened since I shared the story. I hope to tell you about it next week (I’m waiting for photos to go with my post). It’s one of those awesome examples of how doing good inspires others to do more good and it will touch your heart for sure. Stay tuned!
2. Speaking of inspiring stories, if you’ve come across any encouraging links or good reads lately, or if you’ve written something you think might inspire others, email me. I’d love to know about it and possibly share it in a “Feel Good Friday” post. (I’ll link to you in the post, of course.)
After writing the article, I felt compelled to get involved and somehow help with C2BU’s Courage Houses–homes for children rescued out of trafficking.
I’ve since joined Jenny’s amazing volunteer staff and we recently published a newsletter about all the things that are happening through C2BU here in the U.S. as well as in Africa and India to make a difference in the lives of children. (SO much more to come about this in the future–my heart is on fire for this–but for now, peek at C2BU’s website and catch the fire along with me!)
4. On a completely different note: I don’t have a garden anymore (I totally lack the green thumb gene), but I do have a couple of basil plants that I am loving…
We’ve had pesto, lasagna, and fresh basil salads lately… so delicious. (What about you? What are you growing in your garden–or if you’re like me, in your pots on the back patio?)
5. I heard something on my favorite radio station yesterday that really got me thinking: Mandy, one of the morning DJs said, “Are you one of those people who tries to go above and beyond in everything you do, or are you one of those people who is fine getting by with doing the minimum?” It was a great reminder to look at everything in my day—little and big—and shoot for excellence. Thanks, Mandy!
6. The weather in California! Wow. High 80’s is my kind of end-of-summer-weather, especially because we’ve been spending so much time outside at swim meets and soccer tournaments with the kids. It’s been gorgeous! How’s the weather where you’re at?
7. Last, am I the only person in the world who just heard about Charlie Bit My Finger? Apparently, it’s one of the most-watched YouTube videos ever. I’m glad I finally caught up and watched it because it is too cute! Have you seen it? If not, take a minute:
Have a great weekend everyone! See you back here for Mom-Monday!