Happy Friday, everyone! It’s been a while since I’ve joined Jennifer in 7 Quick Takes; it seems like every week I intend on writing a post with quick updates and joining in, and the next thing I know it’s Thursday and I’m out of time. So I’m starting this post on Monday night to make sure I get it done (I’m sitting here with Mike on the couch and he’s watching MMA fights – a perfect time for me to get this written!).
I have some fun things I’ve been wanting to share with you…
1. I was so excited to get book contracts for two of my children’s book manuscripts a few weeks ago (Where’s the Mouse? and Birthdays Around the World.). The publisher I sold them to is in Korea (Tuntun English, Unibooks) and has been really neat to work with. The books probably won’t be out until 2013, but I’m really excited. I’ll keep you posted when they are in print; I’ll probably do a giveaway here for copies like I did last time.
2. For you moms, I wanted to tell you about a site I’ve recently become a contributor for. It’s called The Mom Initiative, founded by author/speaker Stephanie Shott, and it’s an amazing place full of resources and support for moms. If you get a chance, check it out! I love the idea–and the heart–behind the site, and the mentor relationships it facilitates.
3. I’ve also recently joined the team over at Faith Village as a contributor. All I can say is what a cool concept. You have to stop over there and see what I mean!!
4. Something fun for anyone who is in California: the Courage to Be You golf tournament is coming up on May 4th and it’s going to be amazing! You don’t have to be a golfer to join in; there’s a dinner following the tournament that will be a blast. Find out more about this great cause, or register here!
5. Speaking of Courage to Be You, I’ve been spending more and more time helping out at this amazing organization, and my writing/blogging/email activity has changed a bit to adjust. If you’ve sent me emails with inquiries about MyCup2Yours, guest posts, or with a question, I want you to know I’m not ignoring you. I’ve seen them coming through and I’ll be doing my best to get back to you soon! Thanks for being so patient with me.
(Oh, and on a different but somewhat related note because it has to do with making your schedule easier, have any of you heard of the social media app called Buffer? I just learned about it through a colleague; evidently you can use it to set up and schedule tweets. I love the idea and I’m curious if any of you already use it and if you have any tips? I’m so not good at keeping up on twitter and I’m excited about an app that will help!)
6. On another blogging note, my friend Nicole over at The Pixel Boutique (who is the talented designer behind my blog) has some great new pre-made themes coming out at the end of this month! You can check them out here: http://www.thepixelboutique.com/premade-blog-themes. Her work is amazing!!!
7. And my friend Mary (we met when I was a Mentor Mom Coordinator at MOPS) recently launched her own blog, The Mommy Job. Here’s her description: “Are you a human napkin, a boo-boo kisser or a 24/7 special order cook? Motherhood can feel like that some days. Join me as we explore the roller coaster of motherhood with heartwarming honesty over at TheMommyJob.com. You’ll find helpful tips of being a better mom and uplifting stories from the daily trenches of motherhood “employment. Take a peek into my current article series: Sanity Savers For Busy Moms where I give tips on ways to make the every day less stressful and more enjoyable.” Her blog is really cute and her posts are heartfelt and helpful. Be sure to over there and say hello!
Have a great weekend everyone! I look forward to seeing you back here for Mom-Monday! I have some fun news to share and a question for you that I really need your input on!