While I was away…

Hi everyone!

I just got back from vacation and am slowly adjusting to reality. :)

I’m sorry I didn’t have a chance to tell you in the first place that I’d be gone, but the last few days before our trip were crazy. (I’d planned on putting up a post to let you know I wouldn’t be hosting Mom-Monday this week, but I ran out of time!)

And now–after a week without a laptop–I’m playing some serious catch up.

I’ll tell you more about my trip later (Mike and I took the kids to Hawaii and it was gorgeous)…

and I’ll be sharing photos from it on Wordful/Wordless Wednesday for the next couple of weeks. We had the best time and there’s so much I want to tell you about!

But for now, what I wanted to say is thank you.

While I was away, I realized just how much I appreciate being able to interact with all of you here.

Back when I first started this blog, I began to envision it becoming sort of a virtual coffee shop where we could come together and chat about life–our challenges and successes and about things like parenting, family, writing, or books.

I love sitting around a table and talking with friends. I love the encouragement and inspiration that flows naturally when people share their experiences and perspectives.

And I appreciate you being part of that here.

Sometimes, I’ll run into someone at the gym or the grocery store, or I’ll be talking to someone in my family, and they’ll say something about my blog. It always surprises me because I never know who’s reading. And it always makes me appreciate even more that they took the time to stop by and check in.

So, whether I know you personally or not, whether you’re family, a friend, a neighbor, a writing colleague, or one of my blogging friends on the other side of the country or the world…

thank you.

And to those of you who regularly take the time to comment… Jeanine, Stefanie, Amanda, Michelle, Lisa, Ronel, Cindy, Barbie, Megan, Jinnia, Kathleen, Robin, and so many more… thank you for sharing your thoughts. I read and appreciate every comment I get, and I’m glad to have gotten to know so many wonderful people here!

(Okay. Sorry for the sappy post; I’m just grateful that all of you take the time to stop by my little corner of the world and I had to tell you so!)

Back to weeding through my emails and catching up from being gone…

I hope to see you here on Mom-Monday!

Thanks again for everything. :)

14 Comments on While I was away…

October 27, 2010 at 9:21 pm (7 years ago)

Hawaii?! How wonderful for you all! I'd love to go there someday but since it's literally on the other side of the world I don't see it happening any time soon.Post lots of photos and tell lots of stories, I'd love to hear about it and I could really use a few distractions right now…———————————–My photography is available for purchase – visit Around the Island Photography and bring home something beautiful today!

2. Michelle
    October 27, 2010 at 9:35 pm (7 years ago)

You are so sweet. I will have to say that you are the best comment giver. Every thing you say really feels like it came from the heart. :)You lucky lady, getting to spend a week in Hawaii. I know that there are a lot of beaches in Hawaii, but your first shot looks just like this little cove in Poipu, Kauai.

3. "FAITH"
    October 27, 2010 at 11:31 pm (7 years ago)

Beautiful Pictures, I've always wanted to go there. Glad you enjoyed your trip

4. Aging Mommy
    October 28, 2010 at 1:45 am (7 years ago)

Oh Hawaii – now that is definitely a wonderful break. Glad to hear you had a great time.

5. BARBIE
    October 28, 2010 at 5:59 am (7 years ago)

Oh Hawaii, how beautiful. And your pictures are gorgeous! Thank you for the blog love. I so appreciate you as well. Some of my blog friends are more encouraging to me than people I personally know. Thank you for allowing me to be someone you call "friend". Love to you!

6. Jeanine
    October 28, 2010 at 5:09 pm (7 years ago)

That wasn't sappy at all! It was genuine and heartfelt and it made me smile…as I'm sure it did many of your loyal readers. Your vacation certainly looks and sounds like FUN! Can't wait to see and hear more about it. Until then, good luck getting caught up on all those emails. It's amazing how they pile up so quickly, isn't it?Peace and blessings to your day!Jeanine

7. Esther
    October 28, 2010 at 6:38 pm (7 years ago)

slightly jealous of your trip to hawaii :) glad you had a great time. hope re-entry comes easily.

8. Jinnia
    October 28, 2010 at 6:47 pm (7 years ago)

Genny, even those pictures are gorgeous! I'm so glad you got to enjoy such a nice Hawaii vacation.Thank you for the blog love, I feel blessed to be a part of your inspiring blog!

October 28, 2010 at 8:36 pm (7 years ago)

Wow – those Hawaii pics are gorgeous!! How fun! I really must get there someday!Thank you for the sweet words! So glad to know you! :) Blessings & hugs to you!

10. Michelle
    October 28, 2010 at 9:02 pm (7 years ago)

Great pictures!!I love visiting your blog.Have a great weekend!

October 29, 2010 at 6:28 am (7 years ago)

Hi,I'm so glad you had a lovely vacation. It looks absolutely spectacular in your photos.Things are happening around Women's Life Link. I'm getting ready to do an overhaul on the site and my business…a full-blown coaching, speaking, and writing career awaits. But that's what I'm supposed to be doing!Best always,Kellie

12. Lexie Loo & Dylan Too
    October 30, 2010 at 2:54 am (7 years ago)

I'm glad you're back! Judging by those gorgeous pictures, I'm going to guess you had a great time!

13. lawna noe
    October 30, 2010 at 7:17 pm (7 years ago)

These are beautiful. I would love to visit there sometime.

14. Valerie
    October 31, 2010 at 8:10 pm (7 years ago)

Hope you had a wonderful time. Hawaii is such a beautiful place, I lived there 3 years and the weather was nearly always awesome.