7 Quick Takes Friday

Happy Friday, everyone! I’m joining Jennifer again in her 7 Quick Takes…

I’m over at 5 Minutes for Faith today talking about friendship and what it’s meant to me lately. Stop by if you have a minute!

Julie Carr had a post this week I just had to share. We’ve all heard about moms (or maybe you’re one of them) whose kids have colored on walls, furniture, or other “creative” places. Stop by Julie’s site and find out what happened this week when her house got suddenly quiet…
Speaking of quiet houses, I learned a long time ago that silence when the kids are home is NEVER a good thing (unless they’re sleeping). One time, my kids had friends over and things got mysteriously quiet. I looked around, trying to find the kids, and eventually did…in the pantry, huddled together on the floor, eating handfuls of chocolate chips. :)

On a more “business-y” note, I’ve mentioned before that I subscribe to ProBlogger. Darren posted some great thoughts this week from Andrew Rondeau about how to build credibility. Not only does it apply to blogging and writing, but I think it also applies to many other areas of life. Worth a read!

A quick note about comments: I love hearing from you. And I love being able to send a note back or pop by your site after you comment when I can. But–for some of you–I’m unable to do that because your profile is unavailable. I’m no techie, but I think if you go to your profile and choose to show your email and share your profile, access is enabled so others can stop by from the comments screen.

And about the weather: It got hot in California this week! I mean HOT. I know I might seem like a wimp because we don’t have humidity here, but I’m already finding myself thinking about the pumpkin patch and cooler weather, and maybe even some rain. Is it just me, or is anyone else already looking forward to the fall?

To end things on a perky note, I saw a post over at Pocketful of Bliss that inspired me. In fact, if I didn’t have a knee brace on, I think I would’ve run outside and done a cartwheel myself. Head on over there and have a look. Then go find something fun to do that makes you shout, “I’ve still got it!”

Make it a great weekend, everyone. Hope to see you back here for Mom-Monday. I’ll be having a giveaway you won’t want to miss!

Talk soon,

23 Comments on 7 Quick Takes Friday

1. Pharmgirl
    July 17, 2009 at 12:10 pm (8 years ago)

#2: Thanks for sharing that! Makes me feel better about my rough day at work. :)

2. Jessica
    July 17, 2009 at 1:02 pm (8 years ago)

LOL! I totally hear you on silence in the house! When it gets quiet, I get to looking. LOL And yes, my lovely four year old discovered how to make an M for Matthew. Next thing we know, there are M's penned across the wall. I think it's kind of cute. :-)

3. Casey's trio
    July 17, 2009 at 2:18 pm (8 years ago)

The heat is making me grumpy too….I will daydream about cooler weather right along with you!

4. Joyful
    July 17, 2009 at 4:09 pm (8 years ago)

Eating chocolate chips is nothing! On one mysteriously quiet moment while visiting at a friends house, we returned to find our sons with paint brushes in hand…and an open can of blue paint…as they took to redecorating the newly finished recreation room. Have mercy!!!! We've never forgotten that encounter!!!!We're still waiting for summer here in Ontario. My goodness we're below the seasonal norms.Have a great weekend.Blessings,Joy

July 17, 2009 at 4:13 pm (8 years ago)

Joyful-that DOES beat chocolate chips. Wow!

6. Transparent Mama
    July 17, 2009 at 4:33 pm (8 years ago)

Thanks so much for coming by and giving me some comment love. I love the idea of this post and I also love 5 minutes for Faith. Hot here in Cali with you!

July 17, 2009 at 4:38 pm (8 years ago)

I read Darren's post; it was most helpful for those who want to build relationships and not just spam and spy! Have a good weekend!

8. Sue
    July 17, 2009 at 5:31 pm (8 years ago)

Reading about other kids getting into trouble makes me not feel quite as ashamed as my parents tried to make me feel for all those years from the trouble I'd get into. Phew! I was a normal kid after all :-DHave a wonderful weekend!

9. thatgirlblogs
    July 17, 2009 at 5:36 pm (8 years ago)

silence in the house. what is that exactly?

10. Erica
    July 17, 2009 at 6:54 pm (8 years ago)

thanks for stopping by my blog! yes having a nice quality camera makes so much difference! i have a canon rebel xti and i LOVE it! where in california do you live?? i grew up in lancaster.ok the link to the girls with the sharpies cracks me up! my son does that to himself whenever he plays with markers LOL

11. Momstart
    July 17, 2009 at 8:39 pm (8 years ago)

I love to watch the challenge show too. Silence = trouble in my house.

12. Monica
    July 17, 2009 at 10:15 pm (8 years ago)

I'm definitely looking forward to the fall, and a quiet house is ALWAYS suspicious!

13. Jane In The Jungle
    July 18, 2009 at 12:50 am (8 years ago)

Thank you for number 5 !!!And number 6, oh girl I am soooooo ready for fall…like tomorrow!!Thanks for stopping by the jungle!

14. Multiple personalities..
    July 18, 2009 at 2:34 am (8 years ago)

Aw, thanks for the mention about my post in your post! That's so sweet of you… and thank you for mentioning ProBlogger, I had never heard of it til I read it here. I loved hearing from you, and I will definitely be back to 'see' you soon!

15. The Redhead Riter
    July 18, 2009 at 7:14 am (8 years ago)

Love #3 I would have to sit in there with them and hide from my daughter so I could have some chips!Thanks for visiting and I'm glad you enjoyed it!Stopping by from SITS to share the blog ♥ !Have a great Saturday!

16. Yolanda
    July 18, 2009 at 1:19 pm (8 years ago)

I am so ready for fall, I found you this morning at Ponderings. We have had 106 for several days and I'm truly ready for cooler temps. This morning I awoke to the surroundings of a cool mountain shower here on the plains of Kansas, it is delighting my SOUL and the Lord knows just how to do that well.YolandaHigher Grounds

17. Simply Stork
    July 18, 2009 at 6:11 pm (8 years ago)

Thank you for sharing these quick takes…this is a lovely place to visit. Usually when there is "silence" it means the toddler is into something??? (lol)many wonderful blessings to you today.~simply~

18. Donna's Days
    July 18, 2009 at 7:50 pm (8 years ago)

Genny,Your blog is so beautifully written. Thank you for sharing it with us.

July 20, 2009 at 2:18 am (8 years ago)

Love all of what you had to say! Some of them I laughed so loud at. I have been busy since I started working again. I can barely find the time to do laundry! I hope to get my schedule back in order and be able to participate in the Mom-Monday. Have a great week and I'll talk to you soon!

20. bluecottonmemory
    July 21, 2009 at 5:14 am (8 years ago)

A quiet house just shouts trouble! During one quiet moment, my youngest son plucked all the hairs off all three bows. Another quiet moment caught the house on fire, but at least he told me. Some of the best stories come out of silence:). Thanks for all the great ideas!

July 22, 2009 at 5:59 am (8 years ago)

It's been hot here too. 90-100 degrees+. The fall weather will be a welcome relief. And hopefully I'll start running again too… :)